The Most Important Line
In divergent you will find many important lines in the book but the lines that are the most important to me are in
chapter five when it says “Marcus offers me my knife. I look into his eyes-
they are dark blue, a strange color- and take it. He nods, and I turn toward
the bowls. Dauntless fire and Abnegation stones are both on my left, one in
front of my shoulder and one behind. I hold the knife in my right hand and
touch the blade to my palm. Gritting my teeth, I drag the blade down. I hold
the knife in my right hand and touch the blade to my palm. Gritting my teeth, I
drag the blade down. It stings, but I barely notice. I hold both hands to my
chest, and my next breath shudders on the way out. I open my eyes and thrust my
arm out. My blood drips onto the carpet between the two bowls. Then, with a
gasp I can’t contain, I shift my hands forward, and my blood sizzles on the
coals. I am selfish. I am brave.” (Page 47) This the most important line
because this is when Tris chooses to be different not following what her parents
think is right. This quote proves its important by showing emphasis in what we are reading
No comments:
Post a Comment