Final Blog Post
This post that I have posted shows demonstrates my
understanding on what I am reading by showing how that I improving greatly as a
reader and how that I am being able to analyze what I am reading. This post demonstrates
strong writing by showing how I understand what I am reading by giving in depth
explanation of the text. I chose to show informal diction this is evident when
it says “I open my eyes and thrust my arm out” this quote shows low diction by
clearly showing how we use it in our everyday lives. My post also shows
elevated diction when it says “Gritting my teeth, I drag the blade down” shows
elevated diction by showing that no one uses such words in everyday
conversation. My post shows abstract diction by showing emotion when it says “Gritting
my teeth, I drag the blade down. It stings, but I barely notice” this shows
pain when the author says “It stings, but I barely notice” showing how the
character being described is in pain. My post shows denotation and connotation
when it says “Then, with a gasp I can’t contain, I shift my hands forward, and
my blood sizzles on the coals. I am selfish. I am brave.” From this we can get
the feeling of how much pain she is when she says “then with a gasp I can’t
contain, I shift my hands forward” showing that it hurt badly when she had cut
herself with the blade.
No comments:
Post a Comment